IT stands for integrated training.
It’s also about inspired time.
Everyone has their own IT factor…
the thing that motivates them to move…
I’m here to help you find yours!
Johanna Ward, founder, theITfactor
A professional mover and shaper; I truly believe that exercise can – and should- be FUN! I’m also very interested in functional movement and helping people build stronger bodies from the inside out. Finding balance, grace, and strength- in fitness and in life.
I’ve been teaching some form of cardio-dance for over 20 years and it is still the best part of my day! Shortlisted nationally as a canfitpro Top 3 Fitness Instructor Specialist of the Year for 2016, I’m crazy passionate about helping people discover the joy of movement and the freedom that comes from letting go – be it silly, sassy or sexy. In all of this we find our strength.
Part of my unique perspective? 10+ years hosting and producing a lifestyle TV show on Chek TV & Shaw TV; showcasing the best of the city and highlighting the latest trends in fitness and health. On a daily basis I interviewed people who knew their raison d’etre, their soul connection, their stimulus for “getting up and going for IT” each day. Want to find yours? I do. You’re worth it.
Certifications & Workshops
- Personal Trainer Certification / National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Yoga Teacher Certification / Exhale Teacher Training 200 hr
- Corrective Exercises Specialist Workshop / NASM
- Pre & Post Natal Fitness Specialist / Fit4Two
- Barre Intensive Workshop / Body Balance
- Fitness Instructor Specialist / CanFitPro
- CPR Level A & Emergency First Aid
Awards & Achievements
- Top 3 CanFitPro Fitness Instructor Specialist of the Year 2016
- CanFitPro Presenter Vancouver Conference 2013-2017
- YWCA Women of Distinction Awards / Nominee, Health & Wellness 2013
- Canadian Diabetes Association Regional Awards / Volunteer of the Year 2013
- LEO Awards / Nominee, Best Lifestyle Host 2014 / 2013 / 2011 / 2008 / 2007
- LEO BC Film & TV Awards / Nominee, Best Lifestyle Series 2008 / 2007