IT stands for integrated training.
It’s also about inspired time.
Everyone has their own IT factor…
the thing that motivates them to move…
I’m here to help you find yours!
Johanna Ward, founder, theITfactor
A professional mover and shaper; I truly believe that exercise can – and should- be FUN! I’m also very interested in functional movement and helping people build stronger bodies from the inside out. Finding balance, grace, and strength- in fitness and in life.
Currently certified as a Fitness Trainer & Behaviour Change Specialist, I was shortlisted nationally as a canfitpro Top 3 Fitness Instructor Specialist of the Year in 2016. After 25 years in the fitness industry I’m still crazy passionate about helping people discover the joy of movement and how to tap into their personal potential. It’s about living your best life, and constantly working with the best version of yourself.
Part of my unique perspective? 10+ years hosting and producing a lifestyle TV show on Chek TV & Shaw TV; showcasing the best of the city and highlighting the latest trends in fitness and health. On a daily basis I interviewed people who knew their raison d’etre, their soul connection, their stimulus for “getting up and going for IT” each day. Want to find yours? I do. You’re worth it.
- Fitness Trainer/ National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Behaviour Change Specialist/ NASM
- Exhale Yoga 200 Hr Teacher Training
- CPR Level A & Emergency First Aid
- CMHA Mental Health First Aid
Workshops & Areas of Study
- Thai Yoga Stretching for Fitness/ Navina Thai Yoga Therapy
- Neuromuscular Stretching/ NASM
- Corrective Exercise/ NASM
- Pre & Post Natal Fitness/ Fit4Two
- Barre Intensive/ Professional Dancer Samantha Rabon
Awards & Achievements
- CTV Morning Live Vancouver Fitness & Lifestyle Contributor 2016- Present
- Top 3 CanFitPro Fitness Instructor Specialist of the Year 2016
- CanFitPro Presenter Vancouver Conference 2013-2017
- YWCA Women of Distinction Awards / Nominee, Health & Wellness 2013
- Canadian Diabetes Association Regional Awards / Volunteer of the Year 2013
- LEO Awards / Nominee, Best Lifestyle Host 2014 / 2013 / 2011 / 2008 / 2007
- LEO BC Film & TV Awards / Nominee, Best Lifestyle Series 2008 / 2007